วันศุกร์ที่ 8 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2559

Learning Reaflection


 A Discourse Approach in Reading  
 

 What did I get from this course? 


  
1.Recount 

The purpose is to tell what happened. There are 3 types of recount that are Personal Recount, Factual Recount, and Imaginative Recount. In a recount we use simple past tense to tell a sequence of events, it begins with an orientation, events, and reorientation.

 


2.Narratives

Narratives  are to entertain, i.e. to gain and hold the reader's interest in a story, to nourish and extend the reader's imagination.





3.Descriptive

Descriptive is to describe and to reveal a particular person, animal, place, or thing. This lesson helps us visualize and understand a topic.




 
4.Procedure

Procedure or instruction (How something is done)
Tell us how something is accomplished through a sequence of actions or steps. The purpose is to tell the reader how to do or make something. These texts are usually written in the present tense.




  
5.Comparison and Contrast

It presents similarities(comparisons) and differences(contrasts) between two or more things, or both similarities and differences.



 

6.Cause and Effect

Cause/Effect is used to show how the facts or concepts result due to other facts, events or concepts. 

  



7.Definition and Classification  

define = to say what the ​meaning of something, ​especially a word, is
classify = to ​divide things into ​groups ​according to ​their ​type



  

8.Exemplification

Exemplification writing uses specific, vivid examples for the purpose of adding more information to explain, persuade, define, or illustrate a general idea.





 

9.Problem and Solution

Problem and Solution is a pattern of organization where information in a passage is expressed as a dilemma or concerning issue (a problem) and something that was, can be, or should be done to remedy this issue (solution or and attempted solution).





 What did you find easy? 


Finding the discourse markers was easy for me and Procedure lesson is the easiest in this course because I usually read the recipe to cook food.


 What did you find difficult? 
Cause and Effect and Problem and Solution are very difficult because I have to analyze the text. Finding main idea and topic, I usually bring the detail to be the answers. 



 How did I solve the problems? 
I tried to understand, to listen to teacher when she explained, and looked for my mistakes that why I answered wrong. I discussed with my friends, jot the new vocabularies on the notebook. When I saw unfamiliar technical words, I guessed from the context to see the definition. I am to be careful to highlight the discourse markers to protect myself confused.


 My attitudes for this course  
For me this course is harder than the course last semester. We read more and have many strategies to find the answers. I would like to say Thank you very much to you,my teacher that she is kind to me and I am so glad to make a great time with you in our class some time I was bored but you don't give up to teach us. You are one of my best teachers.



You called me 'Yai wan' hahahahahaaha

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น