วันศุกร์ที่ 22 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2559

A Discourse Approach in Reading Week 3




 19   January   2016 




Narratives

the new lesson was Narratives that are to entertain, i.e. to gain and hold the reader's interest in a story, to nourish and extend the reader's imagination. 

We put a cross on line in the circle, at an appropriate point, to show how we felt as a child. The scale goes from 0(not at all) - 6(very much).The sentences are from the Secrets by Tim Winton and I showed you that how I felt.

I was sensitive to smells. = 3

I felt close to my mother. = 5
I was often left alone. = 2
I felt excluded from the world of adults. = 4
I like having secrets. = 3

I was always curious to know things. = 3
I did as I was told. = 4
I liked being by myself in special places of my own. = 6
I felt close to my father. = 4
My parents and I did lots of things together. = 3

I noticed small details of people appearance. = 1
I often did things that now seem to me to be cruel. = 2



Tim Winton
After that, we read the secrets story part one. Paragraph 1 is an orientation, we found who, what, when, where and summarize this paragraph by 3 sentenses.

Who - Kylie
What - She found an egg in the yard and she kept the secret
When - No detail
Where - The yard at the back of the new house

 A summary of paragraph 1 
1.She moved to live with her mother but she want to live with her father.
2.She found an egg in the yard
3.She kept the secret



 Then we read the story in part one with teacher until finished. She assigned us to complete this smmary of the first part of the story by adding three fairly short sentences.

 A summary of the first part of the story 
Kylie feels lefr out from her mother and Philip's activities. She becomes interested in the chickens in the yard. Somehow her secret helps her to feel less lonely. She finds a second egg and then finds out where others are being laid by an unhealthy-looking hen .............................................


1.She was happy sharing the secret with hen.
2.Philip tells her that not to open the lid of the bore well but she does.
3.She looks on her photo album, misses her father and wants to live with him.


Teacher gave questions to us ,and assigned us to answer in our blog. 

 Why did Kylie feel lonely? 
- Because she felt left out from her mother and Philip's activities.

 Why did she keep the eggs as her secret? 
- Because it can help her to feel less lonely.

 Why didn't she live with her father? 
- The story doesn't has the reason that why she didn't live
with her father maybe because her father had gone or divorced with her mother.
 What did she do in the bore well in the back yard? 
-
She tried to open the lid of the bore well in the back yard
 Why did Kylie always look at the photos? 
- Because she missed her father and wanted to live with him.

 Why wasn't her father in the photos? 
- Because her father had been the photographer in the family.




What did you find easy?
I can answer the question about myself and finding the orientation in paragraph 1 was easy for me.

What did you find difficult?
In my opinion, some vocabularies were hard and the story was long.

What did you solve the problem?

Teacher helped us to translate the story and I guessed the meaning of words from context .

What are your attitudes towards the lesson?
I think narrative lesson helps students read more because there are many types and they are typically imaginary but can be factual. All of this makes students are interested in a story.





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น